Did you know?

A "Pandula" is a flower which blooms only in one's imagination.

Pages

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

My first 'hand bag' made from a warp face band!

My new friend from weave workshop has saved me from myself.  I destroyed a small inkle band trying to make a prototype 'pouch'.  I am so not a seamstress.  So I asked her, (her education is in textiles) if she would take a look and see what she thought. 

I gave her a very vague idea of what I thought I wanted and asked her to give it a shot with my green hemp and white cotton band.  It was one of the first ones and it also happened to be the longest.  I didn't realize, until it was too late, that the mystery yarn from the Art Center was green hemp.   Thus it is a bit scratchy, but should wear like iron.  It wasn't my favorite and I knew that if we destroyed it I wouldn't be a bit upset.

She is a miracle worker.  She achieved EXACTLY  what I wanted and brought it to me today.  I love, love, love this little bag.  I haven't thought of a name for them yet.  Most of them will be small, maybe a bit on the long side.  Some will even be made into cell phone pouches.

I still have to find a button or something along those lines for a closure, haven't decided if I want to put a strap on it or not.  It is a good size for a make-up bag and as such would not even need a strap. 

But I really just wanted to give you guys a preview!  CHECK IT OUT!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment