Did you know?

A "Pandula" is a flower which blooms only in one's imagination.

Pages

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

What's on the Loom????

Definition - Art - Human effort to imitate, supplement, alter, or counteract the work of nature. The conscious production or arrangement of sounds, colors, forms, movements, or other elements in a manner that affects the sense of beauty, specifically the production of the beautiful in a graphic or plastic medium. 

Definition - Mind - The human consciousness that originates in the brain and is manifested especially in thought, perception, emotion, will, memory, and imagination.

And I could not have said it better myself.

Now I will show you my newest ART!  I did a DAWG motif!  I saw one, or at least something that resembled one, in the book "  By Ways in Handweaving",  by Mary Meigs Atwater.  So of course I had to SERIOUSLY ENLARGE it to fit my huge weaving platform.  After I completed it just like the pattern, I then seriously embellished on him.  I actually tried to make him look like Wiggles.  Note the ears that are out to the side and the curly tail.  WIGGLES through and through, actually Lacy too.  Both dogs have those characteristics.  She measures 3 1/2 in x 3 1/2 in.  I love this little dawg.  

I still have about 2 ft. on this warp, I definitely have to do a male 'people', and who knows what else.  Maybe a chicken...so many motif's it's hard to choose. 

First you see the little pattern that gave me my inspiration.  Thank you Mary Atwater!   It is the one in the lower left hand corner.  Sorta like a dog..


Then here you see what I came up with.  I am so proud of myself.I am going to have to be careful or I will break my arm patting myself on the back.  LOL

Finally, pictorials, of a sort anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment