Did you know?

A "Pandula" is a flower which blooms only in one's imagination.

Pages

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Pine Needle basket coiling


So here are pics of my "  Cheery Red"   pine needle basket with a pine bark center that I made myself from a tree in the front yard for the start.

Right now it measures 7 1/4"   x 7 1/4"     making it slightly oblong.

I have used the V stitch as I read that the fancier stitches make for a sturdier basket than the plain stitch does.  I still find it slightly busy.  

I will probably run out of the red since I am trying to use what supplies I already have, so I will probably trim it with black.  (Bulldog basket? LOL)  Anyway I am going for a bowl shape a bit larger than the other 2 baskets that I have already done.

Here are the pictures.






1 comment:

Krafty Max Originals said...

really cool!!! This one look great!! ~KM

Post a Comment