So I worked on this thing about 6 hrs yesterday and it is now 8 1/2" x 7 1/2" !!! Decided I wanted to do a little bit larger piece than the last ones, so in fear of running out of this red (and since it is a leftover skein, I have no way of matching dye lots) I decided to incorporate black, which I have an over abundance of. I also put it in the microwave for 1 minute to melt the wax on the thread...made the colors practically sparkle.
I have also discovered that what I read about the fancier stitches making for a sturdier basket is quite true. It means twice as much needle work because each stitch has two legs instead of one, which also means it takes twice as long, but the results are well worth it.
Here are the newest pics...haven't worked on it today due to tons of computer work. Loaded all art that is on Etsy onto my artfire site as well. Lots of editing and such. Then on to the " Link Love" on face book, oh yeah and lets not forget the blog and e mail...at least my hands get a little bit of a rest his way. LOL!
Anyway I probably won't get much done on it today so here is what I have so far.
As usual all comments are more than welcomed.