Did you know?

A "Pandula" is a flower which blooms only in one's imagination.

Pages

Friday, June 25, 2010

I definitely have the Weaving BUG again!

After the white on white soumak bag I see to have the weaving bug again.  I am hoping this one turns out to be a bag also.

I have a gecko design that a friend of my stepdaughter's, Tara, did for me years ago.  We were having a bon fine and a cook out while all of us ladies worked on our craft projects.  This teenage boy sat down and graphed it out for me so I could bead weave it...somehow I never got around to it.  I have had this piece of paper, with all of its stains and such, for over ten years trying to figure out how to do something with it.

Long story short I was going to weave it into this piece, but the graph calls for more warp threads to the inch (up and down threads) than I can use on this loom with this thicker cotton yarn.  

Sooooooo, it is one of my "  wing it, design it as I go"   things once again.  It happens that's what I'm best at anyway.  

So here is the beginning.  Let me know what you think.  

Marci, I thought it was blue...but it is more purple than blue......periwinkle????

 Oh yeah, the weft (horizontal threads), I spun that cotton myself!  How cool is that?




No comments:

Post a Comment