Did you know?

A "Pandula" is a flower which blooms only in one's imagination.

Pages

Monday, October 10, 2011

Kind of into the Fall time of year!

October 7, 2011

This one has actually been done for a couple of weeks.  I have to smile when I look at it, reminds me of candy corn.  LOL  I Just forgot to post it.  It is my first piece with 100% linen.  The yellow was sent to me by a fellow Ravelry member, Mr. cphilip, and it is the linen.  

I had actually decided to go for some supplemental weft (brocade) but didn't like it at all.  So I just did it in plain weave.  I usually don't like orange at all, but have of late been craving it.  I had intended to use it for the supplemental weft, so I am still craving it.  I even added in some of the copper mystery yarn that I found hidden away.  I love the sheen of it peeking out of the regular brown.  

It comes as a surprise to me that the yellow linen has some sheen also.

I do like the finished piece though.  I think it will make a nice table topper for the Thanksgiving time of year.




No comments:

Post a Comment