Did you know?

A "Pandula" is a flower which blooms only in one's imagination.

Pages

Monday, October 31, 2011

Back in the saddle...sort of...

October 30, 2011

Things have been crazier than you could ever imagine girls and boys.  I am trying to get settled into a very small room and a very difficult situation.  Moving definitely sucks!  

I did, however, find a little down time.  Actually, after days of breathing paint fumes and cleaning chemicals, working my job, packing, unpacking, bending, lifting...etc...well, I am sure you get the idea, I was actually plain old exhausted and took a couple of days at my leisure.  I still have tons to do, and of course finding a place to tie up my backstrap loom is once again a dilemma.

So I mounted it onto the copper pipe loom so that I could at least complete the piece I was working on.  Now I can concentrate on finding a proper tie up.  I don't care for weaving on the copper pipe loom, I don't like the sounds it makes, or the smell of the copper on my hands after I am finished weaving for starters.  But the piece is woven.

It is the skull piece for my friend KraftyMax's son.  He is 6 yrs. old and I was just fiddling around trying to save a botched plain wv dbl wv attempted warp.  I did post some progress pics a while back, and now it is as finished as I can get it for now.  I was thinking maybe a belt, but out of the 36 in. warp I only got 22 in. of woven web.  Not quite long enough.  It is also, in all probability, too wide for his belt loops.  Again, it was an adjustment thinking and technique trying to save the warp from the trash can.  It may turn into a pencil pouch or something else for him when it grows up...still thinking on that one.

So here are the pictures of the completed band.

Warp face double weave, so reversible.  I only did one 'cross bone', because I didn't like how it turned out.  But I am quite happy with my little skulls!






I am working towards my standard Monday, Wednesday and Friday postings, but may still be a little sporadic for a time.  Please hang in there with me, I will get back on schedule as soon as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment