Did you know?

A "Pandula" is a flower which blooms only in one's imagination.

Pages

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Commissioned Art

Well I did it.  I found a piece of clip art that inspired me and then I drew my own version.  

This is one of the 2 pieces I have to do for my friend.  I am thinking tap shoes for the second.  They are for his twin stepdaughters birthday and all he gave me to go on was 'something to do with dance'.  

Having never met the girls, this has been quite the stresser.  My first commission drawings, for a lifelong friend, for girls I have never met (no pressure there).   Oh yeah, and I don't happen know anyone else who dances to feed me any inspirational information.   Sooooo....This is what I came up with.  Man I wish graphite pencil wasn't so hard to photograph.  The paper is actually a 'natural white', which means a creamy off white almost beige.  Certainly not gray.

Please let me know what you think.....

1 comment:

Christina Nabity said...

Looks good! Yeah I was having a heck of a time photographing my pencil work, especially with the lower end camera I had. Luckily we managed to get a new scanner/printer a few months back. A scanner really is necessary with pencil/graphite work...

Post a Comment