Did you know?

A "Pandula" is a flower which blooms only in one's imagination.

Pages

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Alyssa's purse - commission

My friend from St. Augustine, Alyssa, had me do her a peyote cuff bracelet out of blue tones with silver accent and then she also asked me to make her a handbag.  She liked the white soumak that was my 1st endeavor...but wanted it in blue. 

For those of you who didn't see it here is the bracelet...

And here is the original purse...

Here are her color choices...

Actually I am a little jealous, this cotton is beautiful.  It is 100% mercerized cotton and will be easily washed.  The dark is Cobalt blue #10 crochet thread and I used it as warp (vertical threads for those who don't weave).  The lighter color is 'fine', no size indicated on the packaging, it is used for the weft (horizontal threads).  Here it is in the beginning stages.  The rainbow colors you see are just there for spacing and will not be part of the final handbag.

If you look closely you will also see that the small loom is behind the large one.  I have it warped up getting ready for the classes I will be teaching at the Molultrie Art Center starting in September semester.  It has a teal warp on it for the moment.

1 comment:

Krafty Max Originals said...

I just love the colors!! They look 'slinky' just as they are....perfect match for the bracelet!! GREAT job, again, Marsha. ~KM

Post a Comment