Did you know?

A "Pandula" is a flower which blooms only in one's imagination.

Pages

Friday, July 16, 2010

Peyote bead work

My good friend Kraftymax and my friend Carol (my current roommate) got me started on my art endeavors. They have both encouraged me every step of the way.

My 1st beaded piece was a scale of the American flag in peyote stitch with delica beads for the 911 E-bay Victims Auction.  After that Max just kept me going.  I moved on to bead weaving on a loom, which is how I moved into weaving textiles.  As a result I always have gone back and forth with the beads.

I love to do Peyote bead work with size 11 delica beads and I now have to start on my 1st commission.  This piece will be a bracelet done in shades of blue.  It will be an easy one as she doesn't even want a pattern.  Just "bead soup", which means just pour them all together and pick them up randomly.

So as bad as I want to weave a new bag I am forgoing warping my loom in lieu of the money.  I also have two pencil drawings to do as a commission for another friend in St. Augustine for his daughters new apartment. 

I will probably pace myself by doing the bracelet, then warp the loom, then a pencil drawing, then a little weaving and then the other pencil piece.  That way everything gets done on time and I get to do what I want also.  At least that is the plan for now.  LOL

So I thought I would post a few pictures of my bead work and let you tell me what you think.  A couple of bracelets and there is also a picture of a sun-catcher that I also need to complete.  It is my own design (one of my drawings) and is a 5in x 7in that is 2/3rds of the way done.  It is a present for my youngest neice's hope chest, since she doesn't know about it no pressure there. 

Again these are all one of a kind and my own designs. 




1 comment:

Post a Comment