Did you know?

A "Pandula" is a flower which blooms only in one's imagination.

Pages

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

July 1, 2014

Making a little bit of progress on this large basket I'm working on.  (10 in long)

I have only been working on it when I go to the market , that way I have a large piece to work on while demonstrating.

I have returned to my original farmers market, the a Old City market. It is located in the amphitheater in St. Augustine, Florida every Saturday morning from 8:30to 12:30.

Here's a little Peek ...



As much as I love this piece of wood I wish I had chosen colors other than purple and teal.  Usually when I do a large piece I do them in earthtones so that they match pretty much anybody's decor. By making it in louder colors I think it makes it harder to sell. Just my thoughts of course.  And we all know I'm not a marketing guru.

I have also done a little bit of work on my Fleur-de-lis on wood. I'm liking it so far, but not as much as I liked the piece ithat looked like ribbons. I really hate that I messed that one up.


I'm being very stingy with the fixative this time till I don't want a repeat of what happened with the ribbon piece.

This is done in carbon and graphite pencil. The fleur-de-lis is drawn freehand by me.

I think I will indeed redo my ribbon piece on another piece of wood so keep your eyes peeled. I'm also going to experiment on the wood with some pastels, and some more charcoal, and maybe even some color pencil.

I'm going down into the heart of San Augustine city proper, the historic district, today with a friend of mine to set up a booth in a consignment art store. The store is called the starving artist and she has offered to let me put some of my work and her booth also. I'm thinking maybe the large pieces that I have trouble selling at the market. And then just sell the medium to smaller ones at the farmers market.

She does acrylic painting on usable objects. Here's a sample of one of the clay pots that she's done. I wish I had just a fraction of the talent with acrylic paint that she has.


Believe it or not she does all four sides of the pot. And each side is different. Check this bad boy out.


There's even little rhinestones on them just beautiful.




Such bold, bright colors. I just love them and I wish I could paint like that.

I'll take pictures of the booth and keep you updated on the name of the shop and what she calls her business and so on and so forth in case any of you would like to find her or even my own work.

 Thank you talk to you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment