Did you know?

A "Pandula" is a flower which blooms only in one's imagination.

Pages

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

January 1, 2012

Boy I hope this year goes better than the last one.

Just a couple of pictures of my hard won weaving's after the car accident.

The purple and blue one was done on the backstrap...too much pain. The yellow and brown one was done on the PVC pipe loom.


 Unfortunately I don't have many good pics of the loom.  The pic above gives you an idea though.  If you look closely you can see threaded rods in the frame, these are great for tensioning!  (this is the bell pull piece.)  It works but is a bit labor intensive for rotating the warp and the actual warping process is a pain.  I warp a backstrap and then wrap it around the frame, you can seem the backstrap loom bars lashed to one another at the top.  Seems to make more sense to me if I am going to make a backstrap to just use it as a backstrap.  Go figure.  But it was alot less painful on the shoulder using the pvc loom.

 BROWN AND YELLOW PIECE PIC HERE



BLUE AND PURPLE PIC HERE


I also warped up a thin red white and blue piece.  I am determined to make a belt in the 'Captain America' colors for my friend Max's son.  I wanted to with the skulls, but double weave was over kill and it wasn't quite long enough.  I was pleased just to get skulls at all since it was a failed balance double weave warp, saved by converting over to the warp face double weave.  But I digress.


RED WHITE AND BLUE PIC HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment