Did you know?

A "Pandula" is a flower which blooms only in one's imagination.

Pages

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

What's on the Loom????

Here we goooooooooooooo...

All warped up.  Started out on the Mini loom and discovered my warp was HUGE!  Much wider than I had thought, must be the # 3 mercerized cotton crochet thread combined with double stranding the entire piece.
Believe me it was a pain.  Thank goodness I made the decision to move over to the larger loom.  The Mini only has 100 heddles.  I would have been in deep poop!  It was tough enough even though I caught it early.

The watermelon and the pomegranate I think are smaller than #10, but as they were not marked I cannot be sure.  This is my widest warp yet.  I haven't started the actual weaving yet ( my back was killing me when I finished warping) but right now it measures 5 3/4 in. wide, 116 heddles.  The yarns snagged and snarled all through winding it onto the warp board, as a result I lost my count repeatedly.  So I could only give an educated guess as to my count.

The watermelon and pomegranate make a lovely combination.  I took pics of course so here they are.

Here I am starting out on the Mini Wave.

                          
                                                    Here it is wound onto the Large Wave.


                                                  Just about done with threading the heddles.


                                                         Starting to tie onto the front beam.


                                               Here you see it with the spacer slats in place.

Now all I have to do is decide what technique and patterns to use.  Such a bit space is just a leeeeeeetle bit
intimidating.

No comments:

Post a Comment