Did you know?

A "Pandula" is a flower which blooms only in one's imagination.

Pages

Friday, September 2, 2011

Pink pebbles!

Monday August 15, 2011

Finished the pink pebble piece some time last week.  Not happy with it at all.  I still find 'pebble weave' fiddly and difficult to setup, and I haven't put alot of effort into a design motif because I dislike having to reach through to the bottom shed to do the lifts.  This technique does give a double sided/reversible fabric, but I don't have much need of double fabric in the first place, and if I do I prefer double weave because of the solid background.

I decided to finish it out with just plain stripes, it is off center and off balance at both ends.  It seems that when I don't enjoy something it doesn't turn out as well as I would like.  Surprise, surprise...lol.

Pink pebbles.


Notice how where I doubled the weft in the stripes, it changed the weave considerably, but not the width of the fabric.


I even got hour glassing on the pebble design...different weaves, different results in the same piece.


Here you can really see the hr. glassing.  The piece is actually a consistent width all the way from end to end.


No comments:

Post a Comment