Did you know?

A "Pandula" is a flower which blooms only in one's imagination.

Pages

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Aye's envelope bag! Purple peace signs!

July 30, 2011

Originally I wanted to alternate purple heart, white peace sign both right side up, then white heart and purple peace sign both upside down.  Well it turned out that I didn't like the way the white motif looked.  Also turned out that my charted peace sign was VERY elongated.  So lots of un-weaving, per usual...LOL.

Then I did indeed get a peace sign completed that looked almost right, now I have also done the second one and it is even better.

I actually have a plan for this weaving.  I knew when I warped about what width I would get.  I also knew about how long and wide I wanted the envelope bag to be.  What I didn't know was how large the motif's would be, so there are going to be some wingin' it going on there.

It is intended to be for my friend KraftyMax's daughter, Aye.  Her favorite color is purple, of course.  I want to make it where it is carried over one shoulder and since 'peace signs' are her thing I thought hard about how to make them show up right side up on the side where the closure flap is.  So far so good.

Notice my home-made loom bars and sword!  Even the pick up sticks are double pointed needles I made myself!


I absolutely love the way double stranding two threads of the same color but different shades gives that steaky look!


1 comment:

Krafty Max Originals said...

OMGoodness, it is SOOO cute! I know she will LOVE it!! The problem will be that she'll want to take it EVERYWHERE with her!! ~KM

Post a Comment