Did you know?

A "Pandula" is a flower which blooms only in one's imagination.

Pages

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

My 1st weaving commission!

Friday, April 1, 2011 APRIL FOOLS DAY

I had a pleasant surprise today!  I got a phone call from my friend Dana to do a commission guitar strap for her nephew's birthday.  Now I have to admit he is only going to be 7 years old...but a commission is a commission. 

She told me his name and that he likes flames...so I will probably do double weave.  As a matter of fact my favorite yarn, #3 mercerized cotton crochet thread in the appropriate colors has already been ordered and will be sent via USPS.  I am going to use orange, yellow and red.

He already has a 'cheap' strap so we have the measurements at hand and Aunt Dana said she will design the hardware/fasteners herself.  I have to have it done by May 10th in time for a talent show.  Woohooooo!!!

Doing what I am passionate about and getting paid.  What more can a body ask?

No comments:

Post a Comment