Did you know?

A "Pandula" is a flower which blooms only in one's imagination.

Pages

Monday, April 18, 2011

Silk Hankie!

March 11, 2011

On Monday I received the nicest gift from my new friend on Ravelry, Cateseye03.

She sent me a hand-dyed silk 'hankie' to spin.  So I did a little research and learned that these are silk fibers stretched over a frame, sometimes square sometimes shaped like a 'bell'.  You peel off layers, draft and spin them.  In doing this research I learned that there are all sorts of kewl ways to order silk. Some are even pretty economical.  Rather than try to educate you myself, I am placing a link here for the site that I learned the most from.

She sent me a pick up stick also.  She says these are for helping her with her inkle weaving...I say it was 'my pleasure' as I made a new friend in the bargain.  Even without the gifts.  They are of course welcomed though as I have been lusting after doing some silk spinning.

So I took a couple of pictures and thought I would share them with you.  Don't you just love the colors she chose.  Coincidently I  just completed a weaving for the Weave Along in the same colors.




No comments:

Post a Comment