Did you know?

A "Pandula" is a flower which blooms only in one's imagination.

Pages

Monday, April 25, 2011

March 18, 2011

Wow, this is getting intimidating. This is so far over my head…I may have to rethink this.


I am doing the re-spinning…actually just about done with the white cotton. Then wanted to either do some blue cotton or maybe do some sunset wool. The thing is, I am discovering that spinning white cotton gets kind of boring…even though I am reasonably good at it and like the plied result. It is short stable cotton from Georgia USA, so that is saying something. The blue I spun on my wheel months ago, it was professionally prepared cotton roving. My goal is to spin enough for one small warp face piece to see if it is even feasible to use my own yarns. Terribly time consuming even though I already had the first spin of all of the yarn in question done. It has even already been boiled. Not sure I would do this very often.
For instance the piece on my loom as we speak is 416 threads 4 1/2 ft. long. That alot of double spinning folks.


I hear the piece that is almost completed on the loom calling to me also. It is the brown with open knot work, one of Laverne Waddington's charts.  It is done in earth tones, expresso, copper mist and ecru.  I would really love to get it off  the loom.  Pretty sure it will win out eventually. I WILL do some spinning today, out on the back porch in this beautiful Spring weather. 

But it's the weaving that makes my heart sing.

1 comment:

Jayda said...

New link love follower following via GFC and hope you follow me back :-)

Post a Comment