Did you know?

A "Pandula" is a flower which blooms only in one's imagination.

Pages

Friday, April 29, 2011

Beautiful first day of Spring!

March 20, 2011

Went to the Calico Arts and Crafts show here in Moultrie, GA today.  It was fun to be outdoors...but I do wish there had been a bit more 'Art' than craft.  I did have fun looking around.

I had started a new warp for a backstrap for a friend of mine.  I met her on Ravelry and she ordered a backstrap loom from Guatemala but it didn't come with the 'backstrap'.  She has been very generous from day one (same lady who sent me the silk) so I though I would pay it forward.

She said she loves orange so I choose some hemp I had in a nice rusty orange.  Mistake #1.  Then I paired it with a bright sunshine yellow unmercerized cotton.  Mistake #2.  Minute one it was a hassle.  I also chose to use the orange for weft....Mistake #3.  Not only could I not un-weave as it was too grabby...especially as weft,  but I had tension issues due to the grabbiness also.  After fighting with it for 2 days, I cut that stupid 4 ft. warp off of the loom.  Ahhhhhhhh....instant stress relief.  It is too bad though, I think the design would have been kewl.  

Not sure what I will do for her now...have to rethink this project.








No comments:

Post a Comment