Did you know?

A "Pandula" is a flower which blooms only in one's imagination.

Pages

Monday, December 15, 2014

12-15-2014

Okay girls and boys I'm trying something new.  Often I have seen baskets where they inserted other elements to change the shape of the basket  and for decorating the baskets. For instants sliced walnut shells.

Being one of those kind of people who like to swim upstream, as in I do not want to use walnut shells strictly because that's what everybody else is doing. I decided to put my own spin on things as I'm prone to do. 

It has taken me a couple years now to figure out how to make it work the way I wanted it to but this morning I dug out the pieces of wood I wanted to use in Liu of Walnut shells, and this is what I have accomplished so far…

We start with the base.  As you can see I'm already trying to figure out how to place that wood/Juniper slice.  Look closely and you'll notice that there is one standing up on the left side also.


Moving right along,  I didn't use the same technique that they advocate in the books I Kind of improvised it my own way. 

First I attach the wood by the bottom, and then on the next round went over the top of the wood. It was a little tricky because the wood wanted to flip and flop around a lot until I got around to putting a row along the top but I think it's going to be okay.


Since I don't usually do sculptural work, and I don't like holes in my baskets where things can fall out I decided to add in some beads to close the holes up a little.



This is all I have so far it's round is taking me almost an hour as this will be a large basket, or at least larger than I usually make.


Stay tuned girls and boys I'll post pictures as soon as I get a little further along.

No comments:

Post a Comment