Did you know?

A "Pandula" is a flower which blooms only in one's imagination.

Pages

Thursday, December 18, 2014

12/18/2014

I surrendered to the power tools today. And I'm okay with it.

Originally I wanted to do my carving with handtools only, I,ve had to rethink that. I really prefer woodchips to saw dust.  And I really don't like the noise of the power tools either, but I can't handle the screaming arthritis, sliced hands and sore arms.  So this is my compromise.
At least I still get to do woodwork.

When I first started backstrap weaving I discovered that everyone wants to get in to the really complicated weave structures.  And that included me

However, I read a statement from my weaving guru on her blog that stated it was a shame how most people never really fully explored warp faced plain weave.  So I decided that I would take the simplest of the weave structures and see just what I could accomplish it.  I explored it fully, and I loved every minute of it.

I think that's what I'm going to have to do with my woodworking. Explore my small power tools to their full potential.  

Simple power tools, I don't have big ones. I have a very nice Dremel with the flex shaft on it, I have a sander, and a power drill and I think I'm just going to have to go with that.  Someday I'd really like to have a lathe maybe even a small tabletop lathe!   But for now this is what I have to work with that doesn't keep me and screaming pain.

So, without further ado here are a couple of pictures…


I do still have a little bit of pain in my shoulder, that car wreck really messed up my shoulders, but no worse than when I do my basket weaving.


They are right out of the oil bath in these pictures.






I also finished up a custom order for a couple of tree ornaments. And the wall art that I've been doing for a friend of mine with her baby girl's birth announcement on it wasn't going the way I wanted it to, so we started that over also.  

Sanded the board clean, and then we fought with the two-month-old baby until we got some cute hand and feet prints. Who knew how hard it would be to get one little baby To unball her fist. Lol

Pictures of that will be coming when it's finished. In the meanwhile everybody have a good afternoon and I'll talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment