Did you know?

A "Pandula" is a flower which blooms only in one's imagination.

Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Happy New Year!

January 1, 2012

Happy new year!  I hope this one is better than the last.

Here is a little update on my socks.  For some reason I don't seem to be able to concentrate on any one project of late.  These have been on the needles for a while, but I find that some projects bother my shoulder more than others and by spacing out several different mediums I have less pain.

Sock number one is done to just past the heel...I still have to do the second heel, but I thought you might like to see it anyway.  I am using the Lucy Neatby "Cool Socks Warm Feet" book.  This heel is the short row garter stitch with wraps.  I absolutely love this heel as it is very cusiony. (sp).  My heels bother me when I have to stand for long so this is a good thing.  Also with the purl bumps on the outside the stitches aren't as noticeable on the bottom of the foot.  I have at times even made the entire foot with the purl bumps on the outside of the foot.

I strictly use double pointed needle's, 5, 4 per sock and one working needle.  This means two sets of needles, and no second sock syndrome.  LOL

I am very pleased that I still remember how to knit socks!  These will be mine all mine, and they FIT!



Finally finished!  Today is January 3, 2012.  They have been done for a week or so, turned out a little too long for my foot and will be gifted to my friend Dana for house socks/slipper.s



No comments:

Post a Comment