Did you know?

A "Pandula" is a flower which blooms only in one's imagination.

Pages

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

October 29, 2013

Well girls and boys it has been almost three weeks since I posted.  Just haven't had access to a computer very often.  So I have lots to share.

First off I finally got to send my friend Dana her birthday basket.  I really felt that since she sends me my Long Leaf Pine needles from GA, and believe me it is time consuming, that I wanted to do something striking for her.  Also, it just happened to be her birthday.

She really wanted a piece of wall art for her office...and I did indeed try.  However, my real talent is in art that is functional.  So here is the start of the project....ugly as hell I must say.  As you can see I was trying to add in multiple pieces of wood, the intention was to actually to add another small one to the other end also.  However all I could think about was the fact that it looked like a hot air balloon, or even a nesting doll.  Hated it.  So even though it was so large that each row was taking me almost 2 hrs.  I ripped it off and went back just to the center piece.  Then I had an epiphany, what I do is ART, so if she wanted to put it on a wall that was fine with me, and it became a basket.



Actually the largest I have done to date.  I also tried a new stitch.  I found it in a book that I purchased long ago, it is the slant stitch done in such a way that it does not slant.  Thank you Pamela Zimmerman for your clear instructions.

Here is the final result.  Her favorite colors are purple and teal and I just wish that this photo did the basket justice.  It was beautiful even if I do say so myself.


 Can you believe I even had purple stone beads to put on it?



I am hoping that she sends me a pic of how she displays it.  She thought that she might just display it on a plate hanger.  Can't wait to see it.  Wish I could have seen her face when she opened it.

Love you Dana, Thanks so much for all of your support and help!  Enjoy it.

Now for the other new pieces..



A close up of the center.



This brown and yellow one is my pride and joy at the moment.  I never realized that pine needles had so much yellow, gold and orange in them.  I guess it could also be that I just so love the more natural colors of fall.  Basically it just glows.  I even like the dark wood for this one. 




And now for a teeny tiny one...I found teeny wood beads for it also.




And now for a medium size one...





Business is good for now.  I can hardly make them fast enough.  Awesome!!!  I am realistic enough to know that after Christmas things will slow down, but for the moment I am living my dream of being an artist that EARNS MONEY!!!

This week I will be spending one full day gathering, I have a friend who is going to go with me.  Then I need another day of just sanding.  Then back to the stitching again.

No comments:

Post a Comment