Did you know?

A "Pandula" is a flower which blooms only in one's imagination.

Pages

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Steve's basket and some new books.

January 18, 2012

Started a new basket 2 days ago.  This one will be for my friend Dana's fella, a place for him to empty out his pockets when he comes home at night.

His favorite color is green and I used a Poplar center.  Here is what I have so far.



I have the best, most supportive friend's in the world.  Last week I got pine straw in the mail from Georgia, this week I got two basket weaving books from Max in Jacksonville.  I love you guys.


Both books are very informative.  The one on the right is superb for letting me know what to harvest from my surroundings to continue my basket experimenting.

I also went out and cut my first bamboo for playing around with.  I had no idea it would be so tough while so thin and tiny.  I also had no idea it would be yellow.




So now I have Georgia Long leaf pine needles, Florida pine needles, split leaf philodendron sheath harvested from the yard, sliced pine and poplar buttons for starter points, bamboo (don't you just love the little knobs!) and palm frond.  I am on the look out for Muly grass (aka Sweet grass ).  Look out boys and girls!  Here she comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment