I saw an acrylic painting tutorial on YouTube with this Gerber Daisy and so I thought I'd give it a shot with charcoal.
I'm about halfway through in this picture.
Then I darkened it up a bit and tried to do the center of the flower…
The center of the flower got a little muddy looking, and it took me a while to figure out how to make it look right. I couldn't seem to get the strokes so I did random strokes/dots, kind a like stippling.
I'm calling it done.
There are some things I wish I had done differently, but I think it looks enough like a flower. And the mess was kept at a minimum from the charcoal!!! I learned a lot and that was the main goal.
i'm also working on a basket for my friends baby shower, this one is pink and brown.
Busy, busy, busy, art doesn't make itself !!! So I got to go! Talk to you soon.