Did you know?

A "Pandula" is a flower which blooms only in one's imagination.

Pages

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

9/10/14

This is my absolute first completed charcoal drawing.  Usually I get frustrated and they end up in the garbage. This time I just kept going.

I saw an acrylic painting tutorial on YouTube with this Gerber Daisy and so I thought I'd give it a shot with charcoal.

I'm about halfway through in this picture.


Then I darkened it up a bit and tried to do the center of the flower…


The center of the flower got a little muddy looking, and it took me a while to figure out how to make it look right.  I couldn't seem to get the strokes so I did random strokes/dots, kind a like stippling.

I'm calling it done.  

There are some things I wish I had done differently, but I think it looks enough like a flower.  And the mess was kept at a minimum from the charcoal!!! I learned a lot and that was the main goal.


i'm also working on a basket for my friends baby shower, this one is pink and brown.


Busy, busy, busy, art doesn't make itself !!!  So I got to go!  Talk to you soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment