Did you know?

A "Pandula" is a flower which blooms only in one's imagination.

Pages

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Pine needle basket weaving/coiling.

March 29, 2011

I haven’t been doing much in the way of weaving here lately. But I do keep plugging away at my Pine basket work.

This one is for me. I am going to make myself a basket for my ‘basket tools’. The center is Oak and I have tried some of the local grasses…the green part that you see. I think it is Muly grass, also known as sweetgrass. It measures 9 1/2 in. x 8 1/4 in. so far. Of course I have my quality control personnel on duty also.


I have another piece of this same wood and I may even try my hand at a lid for this basket...I am just not sure I can get the shapes to match up even though the centers are roughly the same size and shape...we'll see!


No comments:

Post a Comment