Did you know?

A "Pandula" is a flower which blooms only in one's imagination.

Pages

Friday, July 8, 2011

New to me Cricket Rigid Heddle loom.

 June 10th
 
A couple of wonderful ladies on Ravelry gifted me a cricket loom.  One of them had taken a saw to it and made some um...modifications.  I assembled, sanded and oiled it, then decided to see if I could use it for my warp face weaving's.  ( I sold the Mini Wave as I have definitely outgrown it.)  




This will allow me to go wider without having to spend alot of money I don't have.  Thanks so much ladies!  You know who you are.

This warp fought me all the way to the end. For some reason I have had multiple bad starts with one weft double weave. I think it has something to do with the fact that I would a figure eight on stakes (c clamps in this case) instead of using a warp board…somehow I kept having one shed totally floating on the backside. 

Weird, right, it’s not like I don’t know how to do double weave. 

So I took it off the backstrap and mounted it onto the new to me Cricket rigid heddle loo. Without the heddle of course. Just used it as a frame like many of you have done. It was definitely a practice piece…the first on the cricket. It measures 1 3/4 in wide and the woven web is 10 and 1/2 in long. I find I am really drawn to the Bedouin designs of late. When I couldn’t get the double weave to cooperate I switched over to double weft double weave and just left the edge warps doubled. Thus the speckled sides. It has absolutely no purpose yet…I tried to use it as a collar for Lacy, but she said it was too wide and too long. eh It is what it is. I am just glad to be back weaving a little bit.
image title
image title
image title
I have a narrow brown, baby blue and teal piece on the backstrap…since my creative juices have stopped flowing I think that is my next piece to try to complete. We’ll see. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment