Did you know?

A "Pandula" is a flower which blooms only in one's imagination.

Pages

Monday, March 28, 2011

Relay for Life

February 19, 2011

I am having to do some re-thinking on my piece for 'Relay for Life'.  After getting everything warped up, I decided all of the pinks and reds were screaming at me to do hearts.  It was indeed Valentine's day when I wound the warp onto the warpboard.  Must have been some silly subconscious thing.  LOL

Anyway, I started out with a heart and of course decided on LARGE BOLD design motif's.  It actually looks great, but I am having tension problems with the warp.  This is not totally unexpected as I used multiple stranding and multiple yarn weights.  It was bound to happen.  DUH!

  Even though it is a 7 ft. warp, I will be doing it in several pieces instead of one long piece as I had intended.

Each panel will approximately 8 in, wide and about 12 in long.  I am thinking of doing a set, maybe...A hear, an X and an O, that could be auctioned as a set.  Keep in mind I am having to adjust on the fly and things are subject to change at any point. 

I will keep you posted.



Aren't the colors divine!

No comments:

Post a Comment