Did you know?

A "Pandula" is a flower which blooms only in one's imagination.

Pages

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Woooo hoooooooo! It's off the loom!

Please keep in mind that these posts are done in advance and so the dates are sometimes confusing.


This piece was completed on January 31st.


I had such fun figuring out how to make these motif's.  Especially on such a large pallet.  I haven't decided what I will do with it except that I will be keeping it.  I want to use it as a reference for the designs.  Laverne says alot of the women weavers where she lives in Bolivia keep scraps for this very purpose.  To help them remember their designs.  

Seems I gifted out everything for Christmas!  Good thing I took lots of pictures or I would have no way to remember!  I have also started keeping a written notebook for this same purpose.  But a picture says a thousand words, right! 

I am very proud of it! 

Next it is a camera bag for my friend KraftyMax!  She sent me some beautiful yarn.  It is 100% nylon though so I am not sure how well I will be able to weave with it.  I am sure it has no give or stretch.  This sometimes makes tensioning the warp difficult.  I will keep you posted.  Pics of the yarns coming up soon.

This one is 44 in. long without fringe, and it is 5 1/3 in wide.






After I posted this on Ravelry I was told that if I were in a country, such as Bolivia, where symbols hold great power, belief and tradition, that I would be asked what they represent.  The story behind them as it were.


I laid awake thinking about this last night, and this is what I came up with.

 I laid awake thinking about what the symbols represent...So here is what I came up with.

Starting at the bottom.

Diamonds are the hardest substance know to man.  This one represents the hardships we all face in life.
Yellow Diamonds are extremely rare, as is the person who faces these hardships with grace.
The next one represents being pulled in different directions and trying to stay 'level', and centered.
The heart of course is love.  We all need it.
The x and the o are tradition, hugs and kisses.
The person represents a holiday.  She has on her best dress and hat ready for a night out on the town.
The dog of course represents unconditional companionship and the last one represents chaos and is there to remind us not walk around in circles.

What do you think Laverne?


UPDATE:

This piece has been tied to my curtain rod above my bed.  It actually looks like part of the curtains.  And I get to look at every time I walk into the room.  LUV it!

No comments:

Post a Comment